Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Italian Fennel Sausage What's A Good Recipe For Italian Gravy(aka. Tomato Sauce) Using Soy And/or Meat Alternatives?

What's a good recipe for Italian gravy(aka. tomato sauce) using soy and/or meat alternatives? - italian fennel sausage

I always do my sauce w / sweet Italian sausage, and especially ground beef, but I really want to go without meat.

I've tasted a few recipes, soy and soy and meat just not the same.

I am open to suggestions and recipe ideas.

From the top of my head, I also:
Tomato paste
crushed tomatoes
-a-lot of garlic
a bit of fennel
a little water if it is not too thick
a little less milk (soy, if available), water
Locatelli Romano cheese
Sugar
Salt

For the meatballs:
-a-lot of garlic
Eggs
-a little milk (soy, if available)
Italian bread crumbs
-a pinch of salt
-a pinch of sugar

I cook meat in sauce.

3 comments:

Candyman... said...

This is entirely without meat. With the exception of beef into cubes taste or just ridiculous

Mock Beef Sauce

1 / 2 cup safflower oil
3 cups sweet onion (sliced)
1 teaspoon of tea. (Overcrowding) Sage
1 teaspoon of soup. Leaves of fresh thyme (or 2 tablespoons. Dried)
1 / 4 cup unbleached white flour
1 teaspoon of soup. Cornstarch
1 teaspoon of soup. Lemon Juice
2 v. Tea. Mock meat broth
1 teaspoon of tea. Sal
3 cups warm filtered water (or more if necessary)

(Place a frying pan over medium heat and add the safflower oil can be 1 / 4 cup of oil to use if you want the sauce less greasy). When heated, add onion and saute until they appear transparent, start three to four minutes. While onion mixture is cooked meat broth in the simulation of 3 cups of water and set aside. Then, add the sage and thyme to sauteed onions and mix well) (with a whisk works. Then add flour and cornstarch. Flour, onion and oil mixture, also known as Roux, continuously until the flour begins to brown. Once the flour is light brown, which should take about 5-6 minutes, graduallyPour beef broth and water exercises, combine roux with a whisk. Once the broth is well mixed and no lumps, add the lemon juice and salt. Mix for about 2 minutes or until it reaches the desired thickness. If mixture is too thick, dilute a little water, and whether to add a little cornstarch. It is important that the corn starch thickens the boiling point, so that the sauce does not reach its full strength until she comes to a boil. For this reason you should have no additional cornstarch, until the sauce is really cooking. Only then will you know if it is really necessary.

Wild Fan 63 said...

Why do not chicken? I use it all the time. No meat is too big if you use enough pepper and onion. I start with olive oil, meat, especially chicken, onions, peppers, zucchini, carrots, last thing I chopped tomatoes and spices. I mean with fresh Parmesan to Simmering for ten to twenty minutes. I know it will sound complicated to be good, but hey, I'm Italian and my spaghetti, linguine noodles in the service is very good.

Wild Fan 63 said...

Why do not chicken? I use it all the time. No meat is too big if you use enough pepper and onion. I start with olive oil, meat, especially chicken, onions, peppers, zucchini, carrots, last thing I chopped tomatoes and spices. I mean with fresh Parmesan to Simmering for ten to twenty minutes. I know it will sound complicated to be good, but hey, I'm Italian and my spaghetti, linguine noodles in the service is very good.

Post a Comment